Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I Feel Purple

I like color. I like color in my hair. I have been dying my hair crazy colors and styles since I was out of college. Now, this is usually something one does while in college. But no, I waited till I was done. The first time I just bleached the tips and dyed them a rainbow of assorted colors. Then I cut that off. The next summer I bleached strips throughout my hair and dyed them blue. That lasted until I had back surgery in preparation to go on a mission.
The normal hair lasted about 2 years. Then I bleached the tips again and dyed them pink. Well, more of a fuchsia, but in the same color family.
I cut those tips off when I had an interview at a funeral home. Not that I got the job.
Then recently I did the same with blue. I really like the blue but it faded rather quickly. I cut those ends off too.
Then, recently I went through a depressive phase. I began to "feel purple" as I like to call it. I felt like dying my hair purple. And not just the tips this time. No. I wanted to go all out and do streaks. At least one in front and one in back. It took about a month before I had the extra cash to do it but as soon as I did I went out and bought a gorgeous shade of purple and some bleach.
Now, as I have mentioned before, I should not do anything close to my bed time since bad things tend to happen. Or crazy, uncensored things tend to happen. But for some reason I always decide to dye my hair after nine. Oh! And the mess it can make! I usually spend more time trying to clean the sink out than I do actually spend dying my hair.
But back to my hair.
It is gorgeous. It has bright purple streaks through it that kind of blend in with my natural color so it isn't so prominent. Tons of fun.
And one of the reasons I was trying to dye it was because of this massive YSA conference that was suppose to happen. That I hated and still want my money back. But that is besides the point. I managed to do my hair about a week before it went down. I consider it a battle flag. I might as well let people (and when I say people I really mean guys) know up front that I am not a normal Mormon girl.
And, so back to feeling purple. I am still feeling purple. I forget that I have dyed my hair most of the time. But those times I do remember I don't regret it. I feel purple. When I no longer feel this way I will change my hair. Until then I will rock the curly purple hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment