Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Capsized Kayaks and Three Trips to LA

Alright, so it was only 2 trips to Los Angeles, but there was a trip to San Diego and to Long Beach to get and return my friend to the airport there, but over all there was A LOT of driving invovled. And since Scott doesn't know how to drive in Southern California, I did all of the driving. But it was worth it.
I have lived in California for two years (as of Monday this week) and haven't been to the Hollywood sign. Which we had to hike 1.3 miles UP HILL to get to. All who know me know just about how much I whine. Especially when there is climbing invovled. For some reason, there was a to of climbing invovled in the adventures that occured this past week.
We went kayaking. And capsized when we were only 5 feet from shore. I was knocked underneath the boat and almost panicked when I had difficulty getting out from underneath the boat. Luckly, I got out (or this would be a message from the grave) and Scott survived. It was great. I loved it.
Then there was some exploring of the beaches along with some climbing up and down poo covered cliffs.... And that is all that needs to be said there.
Then on Sunday it was a nice relaxing day of reading and going to church. Lots of fun.
Monday we toured a musuem then drove to the Hollywood sign. It was closed. We decided to walk thinking that it wouldn't be that far. If weren't for a group of people who told us that we were already 1/2 way there, I would have been like "nope, not going to do it".
They lied to us.
It was a pretty steep walk up. And it was hot. But worth it. Even though we couldn't actually get to the sign, I did get up to it. I don't know how ANYONE would be able to find it without a map. It is up a long winding road that is fun to go up even as it is scary.
Then on Tuesday we went to see The Price Is Right. Apperantly we aren't engertic enough to get put into the bowl to get picked, and there was an INSANE wait to even get into the studio- but it was fun.
And during this whole time, Scott and I spent A LOT of time together. I would have thought that half way through I would have been like "get away from me now". But I wasn't. This gives me great hope when it comes to finally finding someone to marry (Scott and I have agreed, that despite our coming to the date of when our back up engagement should have taken affect, we aren't right for each other) that I can do it- I can stand being stuck with someone, not just for this life, but for all eternity.
Over all- it was a lot of fun and just what I needed. 3 full days away from work, fun with a friend who is a great guy, and someone gave me an excuse to have an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment