Sunday, January 24, 2010

Backs, Memory Foam, and I Have Got To Go...

I woke up this morning with a stiff back. Now, normally this wouldn't be so bad, but I really had to go to the bathroom. So I managed to roll over and crawl to the half bath (basically my own sink and toliet, which has so many benefits). At the door I tried to stand up. First I tried to pull my legs up underneath me. That wasn't working. I tried to pull myself up by the door. That didn't work. Eventually I managed to pull myself up so that I was kneeling but upright instead of on my hands and knees. I then managed to get a leg up and finally managed to get all the way up. After I was finished with that room I made my slow hobbling way to the kitchen where I knew my purse was located. I dug out the Excedrin Back & Body that I had there and took two- which is the recommended, but I usually only take one since I don't want to take too much pain medication or asprin which either gives me nose bleeds or causes excessive bruising. I then hobbled my way back to my bed and managed to fall into it without hurting myself.
I have had back problems since I was 13 and thew out my back while doing the standing long jump. It is just something I deal with. But I can't be out with a bad back at the moment. I have work and bills to pay.
I had this brilliant plan to get a futon for a bed when I moved into my new place, not thinking that no matter how soft they say the pad is, it isn't going to be soft enough for my back issues. Well, that has come back to haunt me. So, when I have a bit more of the ready cash, I am going to buy myself a 4" foam mattress topper to go with my 1 and half inch one I already have but isn't doing much for me at the moment.
Wish me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment