Friday, January 22, 2010

Saying Farewell

I could see the tears welling up in his eyes. I've seen him cry before but never like this, this was something completely new. A new form of sadness so encompassing that found myself starting to cry. I figured I'd cry today but I didn't think it would be from his sadness first, I thought I'd be the one to break and just lose it entirely. As I soaked in his sadness there was an odd strength to it. That strength came from knowing that this will pass separation is only temporary, which almost made you really comfortable crying. Making all the doubts about how you feel or should feel wash away. Then he hugged me.
Oh that hug could have moved mountains there was so much love in it. For a few seconds time stopped, and the world didn't matter. There was only us. When we let go I thought our hearts would break but amazingly enough we simply looked at each other and we had the strength to go on for a few more seconds and as the seconds passed they got easier.
There were still tears, hugs and loving kisses but peace reigned overall. A peace and safety that only comes from the Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ and our loving Heavenly Father. As horrible as those moments were I could only image the pain and suffering if we hadn't had help from above. Especially as he pulled the car out of the driveway and drove off into the rain.
I now sit here alone, sad, worried but at peace. Knowing that this, this is the really sucky part of an amazing adventure that I am privileged to be on.

No comments:

Post a Comment