Monday, January 11, 2010

Oranges

I had a couple of bad experiences with oranges when Iwas about 10 years old and had sworn off them for about 15 years. Then, when I was a missionary I had a couple that were good, but never followed up on the expereince. Recently though I have been craving oranges. So, I was like: what the heck, I might as well.
And I must say I am now hooked. I have probably bought 5 pounds of oranges over the past week, trying not to get to many only to have them go had and gain a distrust of them forever more...
Today I took a friend to where her boyfriend lives and at the house he lives at there is an orange tree in the front yard. Now, I am not the most patient person, so when he took FOREVER to get up and to the door, I meandered my way over to the orange tree and doing a quick, over the shoulder look, I picked one. I must also say that I was half way through peeling the orange before the guy finally came out of the house.
It was a mightly delicous orange too. I am going to see if the guy who lives there (the one my friend's boyfriend rooms with) will be willing to trade a bag of oranges for a loaf of bread.
I mean, it was a REALLY good orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment